Thursday, April 29, 2010

i have a problem

i dont know if its because i move around a lot or because i am getting premature alzheimers, but i seem to be having a litttttle problem remembering my zip code. yes im serious and no im not five years old. seriously though, if it happened just once or maybe twice at the most, i probably wouldnt think anything of it. but this has happened one too many times recently! i know it seems weird to even think about your zip code...but there are certain stressful situations where it comes up and i will inevitably give the totally wrong zip code each and every time. its a serious issue and im starting to worry just the slightest bit :) btw this does not include writing a letter or writing my address on some form or something...that, thank goodness, i can still do. its other more speedy, more urgent situations with which i have difficulty. for example, when you are at a store (ie nordstrom --happened just last week) and you are checking out and they suddenly ask you for your zip...putting you on the spot..the whole line waiting behind you...you start to sweat and panic...start mumbling some random numbers that you seriously believe to be your zip only to realize you are giving a totally incorrect number but unable to correct yourself because what kind of a weirdo doesnt know their zip code and all the while wondering if there is any way they could find out that you are mumbling a false code and call you out on it right then and there. WHEW. im getting stressed just thinking about it. there have literally been several times over the past year that i have given completely wrong zip codes and have had secret feelings of panic each time ive been asked at a register. the other place where i often get my zip code incorrect is at the gas station. i know this sounds strange, but where i live there are certain areas that ask for your zip code when you put in your credit card to make sure you didnt steal the card or something..your zip has to match what the bank has on record for you or you are unable to use your card. with that kind of pressure, i almost always put in the wrong zip. the frustration and embarrassment (in front of only yourself--thats the worst kind) that follows is pretty intense. i have actually had to leave a gas station and go to one nearby that doesnt ask for it...how awkward. i have also had to go inside to talk to the register person explaining my situation with my head held in shame. anyway, to be honest, i am a bit concerned about my zip code recall problem. it is true that i move around a lot...buuuuut i have lived at my current location for almost a year...and i did the gas station one today and had to use my moms credit card instead bc my card was then denied with the wrong zip entered...so it was embarrassing on many levels--not only was my card denied, but then i had to tell my mom of my little issue. yikes.

any thoughts?? am i losing my mind? do i just have a horrible memory for numbers?? is it just one of my many weird problems? ahh...the next time you are asked for your zip code, think of me and wish me luck on my next stressful zip code situation.....

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment