Tuesday, May 5, 2009

weirdos are totally drawn to me...

i went to my old school yesterday to pick up some transcripts and of course, i had a weirdo run-in. i swear, it seems that the most normal, every day outing somehow always turns into some crazy experience for me! so here goes: i went to the registrars office and filled out the form to get transcripts and the girl who is helping me walks away as im writing and then reappears all chipper and saying "yessssssss...YES!" i was like, hmm...clearly just celebrating out loud, but hopefully not directed at me. then she looks at me and goes, "yesss IM SO EXCITED!!" i was like, yah? and she goes "SIGN LANGUAGE CLASSES. FREE SIGN LANGUAGE CLASSES!" im like, ookk...wait, were we in the middle of a conversation that i missed the beginning of?? so i just nod along and smile...casually holding out my form, hoping she takes it so i can get the heck out of there. then she is typing away on her computer and she looks up at me, "so do you think rosetta stone really works??" i, who am really no authority at all and know nothing concrete about rosetta stone, go "yes! definitely! totally...they use it in government organizations and everything!" she smiles and looks back down at the screen mumbling to herself (or possibly to me...still unknown), "mondays wednesdsays fridays, ok, classes, then work, ok tuesday and sunday, ok...trails off, wednesdays finals, ok if i go there..trails off again." im standing there...confused...wondering 1. why im still holding the paper with my order and 2. is this mumbling stranger talking to me?? then she looks up again and smiles all excited, "FREE! NO MONEY! free sign language classes!" hmm clearly she was not happy with my original response of polite smiling and nodding, but wants a real response and then she'll take my paper. so i go, "oh yah? cool! why?" and she says simply, "because i want to learn sign language." kind of like..duhh...so then i take this awkward pause to quickly hand her my form while she continued mumbling about schedules, classes, work, etc and then looks up and smiles huge and was like, "its going to be an hour. do you want to wait here or are you going to go and come back?" i said quickly, "go and come back DEF"..imagine staying with her for a whole hour chit chatting about rosetta stone! all i wanted to do was go in, fill out the paper, leave, and come back for my order...why do i always end up in these weird situations?! maybe im too nice?? should i just have cut her off immediately after her first weird comment?? hmm dont know what the answer is for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment